The blog has been silent for a while, but I’ve been practicing and I’ve been on retreat and there is much to write about:
– The Concentration Retreat – collecting and unifying the mind
– Relax the body. Quiet the thoughts. Calm the mind. Cultivating contentment with what is.
– Energetic activity in the body understood as a form of Piti, or rapture.
– Balancing the Jhana factors and not getting caught up in attachment to Piti
– The malleability of the concentrated mind
– Merging or unifying with an object of consciousness
– Bringing the mind to the heart space and feeling the expansive quality of Metta
– Learning to seek balance instead of focusing attention on Piti and getting attached and out of balance